This project is read-only.

Unknown error (0x2ee7)

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Ok, the only thing I can make library do is give me the error message "Unknown error (0x2ee7)" or a less entertaining variation thereof.

I thought maybe it was something in my actual code that was causing a problem, so I just copy/pasted the example from this site into a new project. Same thing. I searched the discussions here to see if anyone else had had a similar problem and had an answer posted already, but I didn't see much of anything. 

What on earth is going on?

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Ditto

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM

This is a simple error: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa385465(v=vs.85).aspx

0x2ee7 = 12007 = The server name could not be resolved. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

All right, now, see, I found that. But why would it give that error? What does that error even mean? 

Also, it doesn't give the same error message every time.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, honestly; it's just that the address I use for this library is the same one I use when coding for the System.Net FtpWebRequest class, etc., and FtpWebRequest seems to be able to find the server using it. I have a feeling I am misunderstanding something, but I just don't know what.

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I got absolutely the same problem, and I discovered that it's somehow related with ftp server you trying to connect to. Look - I have hosting, and there I can create a few ftp user accounts. So, I had two having different IPs, but actually accessing the same server, and I get the error trying to connect one of these, but don't when try to connect another. kind of magic.
Also, make sure you use pure adress - not like login@server.com , as far as I know it's reason of the problem too 

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:47 AM

yes,I found this too.

and I can't belive the reason's internet error,there's best IDC!!!

So I think if thers has some bug when ftp.login()?

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I exactly had the same problem at ftp.Login() call. I could solve it by removing the "ftp://" at the beginning of the host parameter of FtpConnection ctor.

Before:

ftpHost = "ftp://myserver.com";

Now:

ftpHost = "myserver.com";

using (FtpConnection ftp = new FtpConnection(ftpHost, ftpLogin, ftpPassword))
{
    ftp.Open();
    ftp.Login();

// ...

}

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jan

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Yep, It looks like there is two reasons for the error - network problems and wrong server name